Thursday, December 6, 2012

Don't hate me cause I'm into Christmas

I've been getting flack, from all different places. Some people who know me well know Christmas is a month long celebration in my house. I wish I could completely explain why I am happier, smiling more, dancing around the house & singing for the whole month of December. I can't explain it, but it ain't broken & I am not going to fix it. A good many of my presents are wrapped thanks to the first snow storm of the season ruining an entire evening of clients, I wrapped all of Adele's gifts also, cause I was going through withdrawal. Nick and I spent the day putting up Christmas lights yesterday. He was awesome! Never a moment of frustration or swearing at the Christmas lights. Several trips to the store to add more lights to our collection, listening to Christmas carols all the way. I could not get my other two to come out and admire. They complained " it's not even Thanksgiving!"  Comments on facebook were the same. But lets break this down folks.

Thanksgiving for ( most) women: Up early cooking, cooking cooking, setting a pretty table, cooking, back ache, timing things to come out so most things will be warm, over eating, clearing the table, cooking dessert,  cooking some more , eating dessert then cleaning ~& lots of that. More back ache.

For guys ( most) _ football food~ it's all good.

Since I am the former gender, I prefer to skip this particular holiday and concentrate on the fun , excitement and good mood I enjoy for the rest of holiday season. Maybe if I loved to cook I might feel differently. I prefer singing, wrapping presents, thinking about what will make someone surprised and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment