Thursday, September 1, 2011

Come On Irene...& CL&P

I'm writing from Adele's Kitchen. I charge my phone & computers here, shower, curl my hair and get cold drinks here. Irene did not effect her electricity. We are not getting it till maybe next Thursday.

It's not bad really, our toilets flush, the kids' gym memberships provide warm showers for them. My electric bill is going to be almost on existent next month, that's good. Of course I've more than made up for it in buying ice while we eat thru the contents of the freezer.

Oh yeah Adele has a cat, & I'm allergic, she just ventured out to see who was sitting in the kitchen, & tried to rub up against my legs the way cats do. Yuck.

So the upside of Irene:

We were all home & together for 36 hours. We played board games in my bed, the sunniest room in the house, thanks to my picture window that wakes me up at 5 am most mornings. The house has been filled with kids ( which I love). I have read instead of watching Chelsea Lately at night. Nick is reading his second book of the summer, Michael finished his 5th. I got one out of Alex & I am thankful for that. He found merit in "  The Old Man & The Sea" - go figure.  damn cat is back...

They jump on things, counters & such . It's grosse.
 Anyway Adele found me in her driveway the other morning. I had forgotten the code to get in and no one was answering their phones at 7 am.  Luckily she has four outlets by her garage so I plugged in my cell phone, two lap tops to charge & my curling iron, It was going well, I was sitting on the ground in front of my car finishing watching " The Horse Whisperer" on DVD, when she opened the front door to the spectacle and said " What the hell are you doing?" LOL

They say Thursday of next week. The boys are with me for the duration since their dad doesn't have flushing toilets. It's like camping, only not as much fun. But It's all good. OK my eyes are getting itchy- I've got to go. hang in there everyone, worse things have happened. NBD ( that's for Adele)

No comments:

Post a Comment