Monday, August 8, 2011

And I had been doing so well on my diet today

Momma says " If you want to play with the air soft guns, you must wear your helmet!" Why does momma say this? Cause she wants to be difficult? Make you look uncool? Take all the fun out of everything? To make you sweat even more on these hot August days?
Nope, Momma says this because, selfishly, she feels pain when she hears you cry, or worries about you while she is trying to work, she doesn't want to take you to two Doctors and have to cancel clients, then make room in her overbooked schedule for daily Dr appointments until the blood dissipates from inside your eyeball.
Cause she is basically selfish I guess. Let's not talk about the co-pays and gas and oh yeah, You could have cause serious PERMANENT DAMAGE! My shoulders ache from the stress of the day & I am on a hunt for some chocolate. And I had done really well on the healthy eating today.

To be fair, he was coming inside to get the helmets, when his buddy took the shot at him ( thinking the gun was empty) Never in a million years could this child have planned on lodging a plastic pellet in my son's eye socket, but he did. They were like pirates who found the treasure chest when they excitedly told me that what I thought was swelling under his eye from early reports of getting hit there, was actually a pellet that had been  swallowed up by the eye lid. They were truly as proud as any boy would be at first, proving mom wrong "You were wrong mom, that swelling you thought I had actually was the pellet pushing my skin out, I pushed it up and it popped out. It's on the floor in the basement" ( great kid, one point for you)    Thinking the crisis had been handled, life went on, until the real pain set in. a whole 15 minutes later, 4 minutes before my next client arrived.

Long & short, scratched corneas, while painful, apparently heal overnight. And he will have to get reconditioned for football again, as he is most likely out for the rest of this week. I am pretty sure he will forever wear his helmet, and his brothers too, and any of his team mates on the football team. It takes someone taking a hit, before we parents hold a level of credibility in our kids eyes.

Alex goes for his driver's test on Thursday. Any hints on helping him believe that he too is mortal?

No comments:

Post a Comment