Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I dreamed a dream of time gone by

I am corny.. Very corny.  I wear it proudly, not ashamed.  But I digress, this is about my dream,
So you know I am getting one into launch position. I do realize the separation process started over 16 years ago. While there was a day when anything important had to be shared with me, and a whole lot of not important but precious was shared, now a days, not so much.

So I had this dream. I was standing across from number one, who was sitting, and rubbing the outside of his leg while he spoke to me. (Now you know I was dreaming, as any attempts of affection from me are rebuked) He was sharing something, I was listening. BLISS! Then, as I rubbed his leg, he got smaller, and younger and next thing I knew the man/boy sitting across from me was a baby in my arms cuddled on my shoulder. AH Bliss! and as much as I immediately felt flooded with the love for that infant, I instantly felt the loss of that man/boy. And I regretted my selfishness and wanted my man/boy who is leaving me, who has to leave me, back. In leaving me, he validates my job done well. Doesn't that just beat all?

Kiss today good-bye the sweetness & the sorrow. Won't forget, can't regret,what I did for love.

Sometimes even I feel too sticky sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment