Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Momma said there'd be days like these

So as I was looking for my diamond studs, yeah you read that right, I am looking for my diamond studs. Usually they are found in my ear lobs.They are there not because I don't have a lot of choices in earrings, I wear them everyday so I DON"T LOSE THEM. But dating machine that I am, I have recently been switching them out to some of my other pairs, and par for the course, have misplaced my DIAMOND STUDS.  But I digress-

I found a birthday card, in my hunt, I found a birthday card, a 21st birthday card to be exact from my Janie. My Janie is the one who has had the bad day. Yes worse than not finding the studs. Janie's family is going through some tough stuff not unusual for an American family in these times. It is stressful and exhausting, and distracting. And in her distraction this morning, as she was trying to plan ahead and run back in the house to grab a banana, she forgot to put the car in park. When she realized it, it was just in time to see it scrape across the side of the house, severing several utilities, and doing a number on the car as well.

Jane called me almost immediately to tell me her woe. I recounted to her the many car accidents I was in during the years I was trying to decide about the viability of my marriage ( yep years). 3 to be exact, three accidents. One with the garage door. Stress takes a toll on us, no doubt.

Jane's a woman of humor and quickly worked to find humor in the situation. I got a text from her in the afternoon with estimate of the repair for the car only. She said it was a $1950 banana. I replied " Ape Shit"
I'm pretty sure she smile.
Momma said there'd be days like this. We all need our Red Tent Crew to get us through

No comments:

Post a Comment