Saturday, April 30, 2011

Really...really

I'm not in Kansas anymore. Sometimes. Actual quote from a recent date:

" Some people call relationships compromises, I call them sacrifices. Like if you wanted me to come over after work cause you were making dinner. Well, I'd have to drive home and take a shower then  drive to your house. I might not feel like doing that, so I would sacrifice doing what I want for doing what you want."

Um No, no you don't have to. You can go home alone and microwave your popcorn. I'm good. Really?

I'm not sure if he understood the concept of a date. I'm happy to report I am plugging along. 11 down 9 to go on the challenge.
I'm realizing a few things. I need a shtick...or a stick sometimes. I am quite comfortable talking with complete strangers about the intimate details of their lives, I get paid to do that. But talking with someone to discover if they are interesting enough to talk to again, a bit more of a challenge.

Red Tent mate Linda asked me, not so directly this week, to stop diagnosing my dates on the first date.
If only they made it harder! ( ode to Michael Scott) ( those of you who know are laughing). I really do leave my therapist hat at home, and have excused myself from dates where it seems the only logical step would be to ask for a copy of his insurance card. I'm sure it's not a calming thought when my profession is revealed. I've thought of trying to find  a way around it but I can't. But when it comes down to it. I'm just a girl looking for a guy...

To be fair, things have been looking up, a few intelligent, warm men who have opposite weekends with their kids from me, but we will work it out. I love being free to date a few different men at a time. I love freedom
on so many levels.

And I know, when the right guy comes along, it won't be a sacrifice, it will be a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment