Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rain drops keep falling in my kitchen

I am an Aquarius. That's the only thing that makes sense to me when I have all the water issues I continually have in my homes. I don't know where it started, but as I place the bowls down on the towels in just the right spot to catch the newly fixed leaks in the kitchen I have major flashbacks. As I stated, these leaks have been fixed before, so when the rain stops & the roof dries we will go take a gander.
My worst water issue was a few years back when a house I owned sat unoccupied and unsold for months. After February break, I stopped by the house to check on it to find water inches deep on all but the top floor. The NEW furnace had shut off sometime while I was away and pipes froze then burst on two of the three floors. When the clean up was done, from the edge of the garage, you could clearly see the fireplace a floor up and on the other side of the house. Of course the kitchen, which could have used updating, was unharmed. I had to sell the house at a loss and insurance took 6 months before they gave me anything. I'm still looking for that plumber they said I could get for $55 an hour. Naturally the "professional cleaners" did not recover the parts of the furnace which would have proved a malfunction, cause they work for the insurance company.
I try not to think about.
In my new house, the leaking dishwasher was not noticed for weeks, as it leaked right under the the kitchen floor, and  but not down to the basement. I spent several hours with a crow bar and baseball bat removing the flooring to ready it for the new tiles my brother was putting down for me. I went up to take a long soak in the tub and came back to find the entire contents of the tub had emptied onto my kitchen counter. Apparently the Bath fitter guys didn't bother replacing the old rubber washer when they covered the old tub. Awesome.

It's December 1st. I was supposed to be making my Cranberry nut bread for the holidays. ARGHHH!! Momma said there'd be days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment