Monday, February 28, 2011

the dangers of dating in the age of internet

It is hard enough dating with a therapist's knowledge ( ok the red tenters let your giggles and guffaws subside). I see things, quickly, others don't want to see them. I imagine "love" could come quicker if I was a little less educated, but like Popeye, "I am's what I am's" And that is, sitting across from you, with eyes, and ears more open than most. I wish I could turn it off, and yes the Red Tenters in joint chorus would proclaim, " for a certain someone you are blinder and more naive than a 13 year old with her first crush" and yes they would say it together in chorus, I've been frustrating them so long by this. But no more, as I stated in my last Blog, Mr Big is where he should be.
Leaving me wide eyed and hopeful, except for http://www.jud.ct.gov/jud2.htm. Do you know what a date ruin er this site is? Is it too much to ask for someone with integrity? Who does not need to be brought into court and FORCED to pay child support?
It is bad enough I see more than i want to in a few minutes, but to have access to more than I need to know at the push of a few buttons? Between googling someone, and facebooking them, it is too tempting to ignore and yet...

A male friend of mine sent me a story about dating and an apple tree, what I remember most is I have to wait for the guys willing to climb to the top of the tree, where I am perched, ripe for the picking. Good thing I like hanging out in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment