Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I have single friends who are getting together tonight to shred pics of love lost. I have single friends who HATE this day because it reminds them of a perceived hole in their lives. I know married people who also loathe this day, as "it's" not what Hallmark is trying to sell us.

What I know is, Love is everywhere. I went thru the phase of  bemoaning the holiday when I was not in a relationship 4 years ago. Seeing couples EVERYWHERE, especially in commercials. Just as moving into a new home is now where near as fun as commercials make it out to be ( boy was I disappointed when I found that out!) all those couples in the restaurant are not living what you don't have.
And the absence of a significant other on this one day, is not enough to make me ignore all the love from all the other sources in my life. Although at one point in time it would have.

We all have love around us and within us. We are whole and enough, We just need to notice it. And if you aren't noticing it, I have one question for you. Are you being lovable? To yourself, to others.

So Happy Valentine's Day to the singles & the married, happily & working on it. To the deeply involved and the friends forever. It's a day to celebrate love in all it's forms!

No comments:

Post a Comment