Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The importance of school & Netflix

Notice I said school. not education. That's a whole other blog entry.

School is important because siblings are away from each other for 6 hours of the day, annoying, most likely not annoying, other people. Separate buildings or separate classrooms should not be underrated.They are finding out about themselves in the relationship to others, top dog, under dog... caveman pecking order..with their peers. And they keep it contained, no adult intervention needed. That's a good thing for me especially.

I lost it on Sunday, and I rarely loose it. I used words I am sure my kids thought I did not even know. Not only that, I completely disregarded my previous post about " Just shutting up" and I drew energy from down deep within me to continue to go on. Man I felt better!It felt sooooo Good!  Had to suppress a giggle when I was done. It was THAT good. And it bought me a silent car ride and 3/4 of a peaceful birthday lunch with their Grandma, not bad...I just don't want to do it again anytime soon and these snow days, are not helping.

School is important because my floor stays clean from 7 am till 4 pm. No snow /ice and salt tracks abound.
Not washing every beach towel we own that has been used, again, to soak up the melting mess we now know as CT. Less laundry too.

School is important because I don't have to think about food from 6:30am till 4 pm. How is it they are hungry every hour when they are home and make it through 6 hours at school without goldfish and cookies and apples and grapes and soup and hot chocolate?

School is important because the kitchen does not need to get cleaned again until after dinner. Saving on water, dish detergent and aggravation. The build up of dishes and drinks! How they make it thru a school day is beyond me.

School is important because they have a host of other adults praising them, keeping them in line, saying much the same things I say to them. I have my back-up. & I appreciate those good men & women.

Now Netflix.....well I have a whole new appreciation for that as well now :-) Enjoy the next two days folks..47 days till spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment