Monday, January 31, 2011

A year ago

A year ago I thought loosing you would feel like a vacuum of love exiting my life. And while I cannot say a day goes by that I don't think of you, and feel pain somewhere deep inside;
I found love come flooding in from many sources

A year ago I thought loosing you would be the most painful experience of my life to date.
I found an honest relief for you of the painful remnants of life that were left to you the last few months, and in that relief, happiness.
A year ago I thought loosing the single person I could count on to love me above all others would be a tragedy, I found out life goes on and in your memory, thru your lessons laughter and joy are still present

A year ago I thought loosing you would have me down for the count for many months. I found many moments of peace with waves of great despair intermingled, much like being at the beach and waiting for the big wave to come, to ride in; most of the time, it's not dramatic

A year ago I was only beginning to see all that you taught me about how to love, what kind of a grandparent I want to be, I found I treasure you and who you are to me more and more. I imagine I always will

Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment