Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shooting Star

I saw a shooting star out of my bedroom window this morning. I know I have mentioned I have an awesome view out of that window, especially this time of year. So excited was I to see that shooting star that I did the first thing that came to mind. The Serenity Prayer. I guess I could have wished for a couple of things, that my children out live me with joy and good health, to win the lottery this evening, to be swept off my feet again,  (It's only happened 3 times in 44 years, I hear the average person falls in love 6 times over the course of a lifetime. I am due, come on lucky number 4) And I, perhaps lame-o that I am , jump right to the Serenity Prayer.
For those unfamiliar:
 God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Short and sweet, that was my "wish upon a star"

Once we have the wisdom to know the difference, I find the rest falls into place. & I like mulling that part. What is important? What is my responsibility to change, what can I acknowledge I have no power over? What has to change? What can we live with, not what we don't want to live with? We all live with things we don't want to live with ( ie. Newtown property taxes) but somehow we manage to get comfortable in our  discomfort. I find, when I have moments of serenity, much of what I can allow myself to get anxious over falls away. When we know what to look for, other things become less important. And the really important stuff, like Nick asking us all to stay together last night to play with our Guiding Eyes Puppies, becomes apparent.
Alex W/ a Guiding Eyes Puppy

So my wish for you today, and Thank you again for reading, is too look for the love.

Between 5"10- 6"2' - stable job,emotionally stable, good sense of humor, must love kids& dogs, be affectionate, thoughtful and dance in the kitchen.:-)  - just kidding, but really if we all look it'll be easier.


No seriously, notice the love around you, did your kids Not kill each other over breakfast? That counts. Did your husband leave the seat down? There's another. Did someone call to ask you for help? Blessed be you that you are in a position to help another human being. Look for the love, it's there. Yes so are the problems, don't worry they won't go away if you are busy looking for love, so take the time anyway.  Change the things you can, accept what you cannot, this, I believe, is the path to peace.

And really , bald is fine, if he's handy around the house, that's a bonus- just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment